About the Magazine
Skin Deep has long been the UKs best selling tattoo magazine - and just because we're having fun for 13 issues a year (that's once every 4 weeks) doesn't mean we're not taking it very seriously indeed.
Each issue we publish profiles, interviews and features with the leading tattooists and tattoo artists working in the world today together with exciting new talent. Alongside of this, we focus on the tattoo lifestyle and all it contains, coverage from the international convention scene, art features from those who embrace the tattoo ethic or find inspiration within it, reader profiles, news, reviews, competitions, letters and every issue also comes with a free supplement.
Phew. Here's how it boils down:
- A round-up of artists on the move and new studios opening around the UK.
- Giveaways and promotions from companies producing quality goods.
- Full international convention listings.
- Free classified adverts for studios, artists and apprentices.
- Letters - it's always great to get feedback from our readership. As often as possible, we print the cream of the crop and give away goodies for the best.
- Reviews - books mostly, but we're not averse to other paraphernalia so long as it's related!
- Interviews with the cream of those working in the industry. Recently, we have lunched with Mike DeVries, Kat Von D, Rock n Roll Tattoo, Club Tattoo, Dan Smith, Buena Vista Tattoo Club, Yann Black to name a few - future lunch menus include Jesse Smith and Jeff Gogue but to give away more than that would be foolish!
- We like to feature as much international coverage as we can get our hands on when it comes to conventions to bring our readers only the very best. With both artists and collectors travelling the world more than ever before in search of the holy grail, it makes sense. From our very own Tattoo Jam to the brand new Great Britih Tattoo Convention in London across to Montreal, Paris, Barcelona and Australia, we have our fingers on the pulse. And for those of you that like to stay closer to home, we also like to check out the more independent shows which are always great for unearthing some gems.
- From artists who have incorporated tattoo art into their work (such as Terry Bradley) to authors working hard on niche titles, illustrators who have fan-art submitted to them regularly (world renowned artist Brom was a recent favourite) and photographers working in the field such as Edgar Hoill and Cindy Frey, we like to keep you all clued in on what's hot and happening whenever we can!
If there's something you'd like to see in Skin Deep that you think the readership would value, why not drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Meantime - check out the subscription offers we have available. Check out those savings - you know it makes sense!
Sion Smith - Editor